Wireless Wi-Fi Connection
A majority of Masaryk University’s premises is covered by Wi-Fi network enabling internet connection from laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. MU uses eduroam, a world-wide network, which enables internet connection at most of academic institutions around the world based on the principle of unified login.
1) University unique identification number
2) Your secondary password can be found/changed here.
Connection to eduroam and MUNI networks requires authentication. Use the above mentioned login information and proceed according to the instructions below. In case you were allocated a sponsored account use the allocated login (9XXXXXX@muni.cz) and password.
Eligibility and Requirements
The basic requirement for using eduroam is an active relation to MU or other academic institution included in the eduroam project. Using of MU network is regulated by IT usage regulation. Due to previous threats in the form of computer viruses, malware, and cyber attacks, we recommend having active firewall, updated operation system and antiviral software.
- MU Locations with Wi-Fi Connection
- IT Usage Regulation (substitute for the regulation to Administration and usage of Masaryk University’s computer network)
- Frequent Problems and Asked Questions
- Manual certificate installation for Android
- Sponsored Accounts
- eduroam.cz: List of Connected Places in the Czech Republic
- Security: WPA2/WPA3 enterprise
- Authentication: PEAP
- Domain: muni.cz
- Certificate: ISRG Root X1 (PEM format for Linux and Android, DER format for Windows)
- Internal Authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Username: UČO@muni.cz (UČO@eduroam.muni.cz is no longer supported)
- Password: secondary password MU (if you don't know it, it can be displayed and set in IS MU)
eduroam and MUNI networks (with the exception of Faculty of Informatics) are protected by a firewall with the following settings:
- All outgoing traffic is allowed.
- All incoming TCP connections are disabled, only replies to outgoing traffic are allowed.
- Incoming UDP traffic on ports less than 1024 is blocked with the following exceptions:
- connections from port 500 to port 500 (setting up IPsec tunnels),
- connections from port 123 to port 123 (NTP server mode).
- Other protocols (IPsec, GRE, ...) are allowed.
In case of problems, uncertainties or questions, contact your IT administrator.
The following IP addresses are assigned to a computer when connected via eduroam:
188.8.131.52/22 (eduroam at the Faculty of Informatics)
Contact your IT administrator for any issues, concerns, or questions.