Wireless Wi-Fi Connection
A majority of Masaryk University’s premises is covered by Wi-Fi network enabling internet connection from laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. MU uses Eduroam, a world-wide network, which enables internet connection at most of academic institutions around the world based on the principle of unified login.
1) University unique identification number
2) Your secondary password can be found/changed here.
Connection to Eduroam and MUNI networks requires authentication. Use the above mentioned login information and proceed according to the instructions below. In case you were allocated a sponsored account use the allocated login (9XXXXXX@muni.cz) and password.
Eligibility and Requirements
The basic requirement for using eduroam is an active relation to MU or other academic institution included in the eduroam project. Using of MU network is regulated by IT usage regulation. Due to previous threats in the form of computer viruses, malware, and cyber attacks, we recommend having active firewall, updated operation system and antiviral software.
- Configuration of Eduroam network – Desktop operating systems
- Configuration of Eduroam network – Mobile operating systems
- MU Locations with Wi-Fi Connection
- IT Usage Regulation (substitute for the regulation to Administration and usage of Masaryk University’s computer network)
- Frequent Problems and Asked Questions
- Manual certificate installation for Android
- Sponsored Accounts
- Allocated IP Addresses
- Eduroam.cz: List of Connected Places in the Czech Republic
Technical specifications of Eduroam network settings
- Security: WPA2/WPA3 enterprise
- Authentication: PEAP
- Domain: muni.cz
- Certificate: ISRG Root X1 (PEM format for Linux and Android, DER format for Windows)
- Internal Authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Username: UČO@muni.cz (UČO@eduroam.muni.cz is no longer supported)
- Password: secondary password MU (if you don't know it, it can be displayed and set in IS MU)
Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.