IT Services Catalog at MU
The IT Services Catalog originated at the Institute of Computer Science in the spring of 2016 with the main aim to provide information about information and telecommunication (ICT) services available and operated at Masaryk University.
The main goal of the catalog is to centrally provide information about IT services at MU. Each service contains a basic description of the service and, if possible, basic instructions, documentation and links to other sources of information. The catalog also serves as a space for IT and LVT centers to present IT services and also as a tool for monitoring of the activities of individual departments and institutions within Masaryk University.
The creation of the catalog was preceded by an extensive analysis of 12 foreign universities (Oxford, Stanford, MIT, YALE ...) with aim to examine the scope and segmentations of catalogs, the ability to crawl through roles and views (student, employee, IT professional), integration of user support, and last but not least communication of news, events, outages.
Standards and Uniform Style
The catalog is inspired by ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) standardization. The web operates the web-center on the umbraco platform and uses the unified visual concept of Masaryk University websites.
- CIT SUKB IT service providers invited from CIT SUKB (MED, SPORT, SCI).
- New modification of forms with the possibility of user authentication.
- Publishing IT articles and news.
- CIT PED Added services and landing page.
- CIT LAW Added services.
- CIT SCI Added services and landing page.
- CIT SCI IT service providers invited from CIT SCI.
- CIT LAW Enhanced cooperation with CIT LAW.
- Teiresiás Added services for users with special needs.
- CIKT FSS Added services and landing page.
- New design of service pages.
- New homepage published.
- Migration to the new MU visual style.
- CIT LAW IT service providers invited from CIT LAW.
- CIKT FSS IT service providers invited from CIKT FSS.
- CIT FF Added services and landing page.
- The process of translating and sustaining content is launched.
- Old catalog and wiki canceled.
- 78 user IT services identified and added.
- Project launched in March 2017.
displayed pages per year
of content has already been translated into English
collaborating IT workplaces