Improved Microsoft Whiteboard Functionality
Do you use a digital online whiteboard? It is used to visualize ideas, creative work, and collaboration via the cloud. Recently, the developers have come up with several novelties related to this Whiteboard. Newly you can:
- Open existing board in a meeting (i.e., you can prepare a board in advance and then use it)
- Lock objects on the canvas (this prevents unwanted manipulation of the object)
- Insert texts into shapes
- Collaborate on Whiteboard with external users
- Export whiteboard as PDF (only available on desktop)
- Drag sticky notes to the grid
Shared Channels for Better Clarity of Communication
Do you need to communicate, get information and solve matters together, not only between individuals? Create a shared team channel that people outside of your team can access.
Shared channels come in handy when you wanto to communicate:
- as a team with another team
- with one or more people outside the team, but it is not necessary to add people to your team
- with a team of colleagues that you are not and do not need to be a member of
Questions and Answers are Moving to MS Teams
The questions and answers function is now moving from a separate application directly to MS Teams. It also helps to work better with questions and answers for meeting organizers. For example, they can delete duplicate questions, have an overview of unanswered questions, or highlight important questions. In order to make participants not afraid to ask questions, they can set up anonymous questions.
Forms is Replaced by Polls
For easier voting, a new Polls application has appeared in MS Teams. This app allows you to easily and quickly vote on various questions, for example, using scales, word clouds, quizzes, and others. Polls can be prepared in advance, or you can run them immediately.
The older application used for similar purposes (Forms) will be retired at the end of 2022.
Simplified Word or PDF Form Conversion to Microsoft Forms
If you have been manually transcribing or copying your questionnaires or quizzes from a Word or PDF document to MS Forms, this will make your job easier. Now, import the files (see image), and you're done.