Microsoft Teams is a tool for quick online communication – text messaging, voice and videocommunication, desktop sharing (similar to Skype), as well as a team collaboration tool that integrates many other tools – data storage, task management, and more.
Communication Tool – Text, Voice, Video
MS Teams allows to communicate with text messages, voice and video within teams and with individual colleagues. Partners outside MUNI can also be invited to the Teams. Communication options also include:
- Sharing desktop content with colleagues, including the ability to pass control
- Recording communication
- “Voicemail” to leave a message if you are not present
- Send alerts for unread messages
- Public videoconferences with unregistered participants
Teamwork Tool – All in One Place
Each team has at its disposal:
- Saving documents and other files (Office 365 Group files)
- Organizing work (Planner)
- Team notepad OneNote
- Team store
- Team chat – the ability to chat in any number of channels
Various other tools can be pinned to Teams:
- Any information sites or portals
- Yammer groups
- YouTube Channels
- … and many others
- For questions about functionality, users can contact the Office 365 Support discussion group in Yammer.
- User support for (not only) tools for collaboration provides the university IT ServiceDesk email@example.com.
- To solve local problems - audio, video settings or any installation problems with this tools, please contact IT support at your faculty.
- Installation and Settings
- MS Teams for Communication
- MS Teams for Team Collaboration
- Microsoft Instructions
- Record from the Webinar for Pedagogues of Charles University
- Short Videos – Basic Operations in MS Teams (EN)
- Longer Videos Describing the Operation of MS Teams, from the basics to advanced features (EN). It is recommended!
- Blog – News, Tips (EN)