ARTS Creating Websites at the Faculty of Arts in the University Content Management System
We provide support for web presentations at the Faculty of Arts, namely technical support, consulting and training related to websites created in the university content management system called Umbraco.
Technical support for web presentations
Technical support is provided only for web presentations created in Umbraco - the university content management system. The service includes:
- support in the event of technical problems with the website;
- collecting requests for creating new websites and their subsequent submission to ICS;
- in the event of larger technical problems, personal consultation can be arranged;
- implementing the program for web analytics (Google Analytics) in the system and granting authorisations (i.e., we only set up the analytics, users are responsible for the data metrics).
Consulting for websites
CIT FF provides consulting especially for the technical aspects related to websites built using the Umbraco system. We do not provide consulting related to copywriting, proper layout of elements on the page, etc. The service includes:
- consulting new features on the website;
- forwarding requests for new features to our colleagues from the ICS;
- consulting the possibilities and limits of the Umbraco system (or the suitability of the system for your requirements);
- consulting the appropriate elements for the required features;
- consulting the web presentation (mainly consulting the technical possibilities).
- Send us your request to create a website via the form.
- CIT FoA, MU forwards the request for creating the website to the ICS - in a test form, which will not be accessible to public.
- You can start working on your website.
- When it is complete, notify us the website is ready to be published. Include also the text of the URL address that you want to use for the website.
- CIT FoA, MU will send the required URL to the Office for External Relations for approval. Following approval, CIT FoA, MU will ask the ICS to set up the URL and publish the website for web search engines (for speeding up the process, the text of the URL can be sent at the beginning together with the request for creating the website).
- The website is online, spread a word about it. :-)
- Keep the website updated so that information does not become obsolete.
Training in using Umbraco
The administrator of web presentations at the Faculty of Arts provides the possibility of training in using the Umbraco system for all employees of the faculty (and prospectively also students engaged in creating a website for any of the faculty department). We provide training in a more general form (basics for beginners), advanced (more advanced functions) or in the form of training for specific functions (e.g., working with newsletters, updates and events, crossposting, etc.). Training does not take place on a regular basis, it is usually provided individually based on prior arrangement. Collective training takes place only when CIT FoA, MU announces it in e-mail or other communication.
- You can apply only for websites related to the Faculty of Arts or any of its departments.
- The following rules apply to the use of URLs for the Faculty of Arts websites:
- Departments always use URL in the form nameofdepartment.phil.muni.cz.
- Project-related websites use the address nameofdepartment.phil.muni.cz/nameofproject (approval of the guarantor of the department's website or head of the department is required).
- Projects and conferences organised by multiple workplaces use the address in the form www.phil.muni.cz/nameofproject.
- Events organised centrally by the faculty (i.e., not by a specific department) use the address nameofevent.phil.muni.cz.
- Exceptions should be consulted with the Office for External Relations of the Faculty of Arts (e.g., when projects involving several departments are concerned).
- Websites of academic workplaces have a preset template including certain criteria which should be observed. These websites should include basic information, such as the phone number and e-mail address.
- Technical support is provided only for websites related to the Faculty of Arts or of any of its departments or institutions.
This service is provided by Centre for Information Technologies at the Faculty of Arts (CIT FoA, MU).