Shared mailboxes are used to create a group e-mail address with automatic forwarding to a predefined group of users or for one user to distinguish the type of incoming messages.
What is a Shared Mailbox?
This is a special type of mailbox in Office 365 that can be used as
|a.||Team mailbox - a separate mailbox for a group of people (e.g., workplace, project team) who need to communicate on behalf of this group and have team mail different from their personal e-mails and available to all team members. It has its address, e.g., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|b.||Mailbox for job position/function - a different box for separating personal from job position communication (e.g., rector@muni, dean@faculty).|
How Does a Shared Mailbox Work?
- it does not have its identity (login name/password), the user can access it using his/her login (učo@muni.cz, password) based on the set permissions
- it has its e-mail address (e.g., email@example.com)
- all mailbox members can view or connect the mailbox to their mail client - everyone sees all received and sent messages
- members can send e-mails from the mailbox with their address or mailbox address
Creating and Managing a Shared Mailbox
- Contact your workplace IT support to create or modify a shared mailbox.
The Usage of Shared Mailbox
- V Outlooku 2016
- V Outlooku na webu, https://outlook.office.com/owa/
- Ostatní klienti
- Připojení sdílené schránky přes IMAP
- Zprávy se automaticky odesílají z adresy sdílené schránky