ARTS Faculty of Arts Classrooms
Classrooms at the Faculty of Arts are equipped with multimedia technology. Teaching can be enhanced with the use of projectors, computers and other equipment. Available technologies in individual classrooms differ.
Computers in the classrooms
The operating system and basic programs have been installed in the computers in Faculty of Arts classrooms and study rooms automatically and remotely. To install other software not included in the standard configuration, it is usually necessary to ask the CIT technicians using the electronic form.
Logging on to a PC in the classroom
To log on to a computer in the classroom, use your UČO and secondary password for MUNI IS.
If you are unable to log on, ensure that:
- CapsLock is not activated.
- Keyboard is not switched to another language.
- Your secondary password has been set up in IS.
- Your domain has been properly selected (in the form \\UCN\UČO).
- You have an active relationship with the university (employment contract, contract for work, contract to perform work). Access to teachers’ PC for the employee will be established within two working days from the date of entering the contract or agreement in the human resource management system.
If an external person, who has no employment contract at the faculty/university (and establishing such a relationship is not practicable), requires access to any computer, a temporary user account can be created upon request by the head or secretary of the respective department of the Faculty of Arts, MU. Such temporary user account enables access to computers in the classroom (or wireless network and other services) for a limited time.
Technology equipment of classrooms
All classrooms at the Faculty of Arts, MU are equipped with multimedia technology - PC, projector, screen and sound system. If you need to use any special devices in your classes, consult this with the IT technicians in advance - we provide individual consultations, trial operation, assistance of the technician at the beginning of the class, etc.
- Become familiar with the operation of the classroom IN ADVANCE (see also multimedia technology manuals below).
- Also, try the operation every time you have not visited the respective classroom for a long time or if you are going to use any technologies you have not used before.
- If you need to use any special devices in your classes, consult this with the IT technicians in advance - we provide individual consultations, trial operation, assistance of the technician at the beginning of the class, etc.
- If you encounter any issues when working with multimedia technologies, follow the instructions below. Never make changes to connections and wiring, never remove computers from the tables, etc.
- When leaving the room, keep the base technology (PC, projector) switched on only if further classes follow. If you are not sure, it is recommended to switch everything off. If you have difficulties with switching off the technologies, call the CIT hotline - 1542.
Devices in classrooms (to display operation manuals, you need to log in to O365; the manuals are available in Czech language only for now).
- classrooms A11, A21, A24, A31, B2.52, B2.41, B2.42, B2.21, B2.22, B2.12 a B2.32
- classrooms B2.23, B2.24, B2.33, B2.34, B2.44, B2.43, B2.34 a B2.24
- classrooms B2.13
- classrooms G24, G32 a N51
- classroom N41
- classrooms G01, G02, G12, G21, G23, G25, G31, J21, J22 a J31
- classrooms B2.11 a B2.51
- classroom C51
- classrooms C11, C33, C34, D51, D22 a děkanát
- classrooms D32, D33, D42, D43, D52, D53, C12, C31, C32, C41, C42, C43 a D2TYM7
- classrooms D21, D31 a D41
- classroom G03
- classrooms G11 a G13
- classroom G22
- classroom N31
- classroom N41
- classroom N42
- classroom N51
Classroom access control
Access to some of the buildings and classrooms is free - based on the organizational rules; access to other rooms (especially classrooms equipped with multimedia technology, etc.) is limited. Various types of access are described in detail in Access to Buildings and Classrooms.
Guidelines for access to classrooms
This service is provided by Centre for Information Technologies at the Faculty of Arts (CIT FoA, MU).