Remote Form of Final State Examinations (FSE) at MUNI
The recommendation for remote FSE was created for the FSE regular term in the summer of 2020.
The MU Crisis Board recommends holding traditional in-person examinations or other presence forms of teaching for the entire spring semester 2020 only in cases of absolute necessity. Even in situations where legal regulations allow examination or teaching in-person, but the examination or teaching can also be carried out remotely, the MU Crisis Board recommends choosing a distance solution for the entire spring semester, including the examination period.
In accordance with this recommendation, a set of practical suggestions and model scenarios for the implementation of the remote final state examination was created based on surveys at MUNI faculties, information from the Ministry of Education, solutions of other universities in CR, MUNI methodological guidelines, experiences from distance learning and experiences of experts from ICS and IS MU.
The Recommended Procedure of Activities for Remote FSE
The steps below are adapted for using MS Teams. If you use another application (such as Zoom), it is needed to edit the list of activities accordingly. For remote FSE, it is recommended to establish the roles of the so-called FSE Assistants and Helpers as soon as possible. They should be familiar with the use of MS Teams and trained in the entire process of FSE in this tool. A description of these roles is available below the table.
„x“ – the role is typically responsible for this activity
„x“ – the role can be responsible or involved in this activity
*For those tasks, second assistant is required (Scenario 1 with student's preparation).
Note: The links in the table are intended for the Scenario 1.
Download an Activity Table as .pdf
Download an Activity Table as .xlsx
Participants Roles in Final State Examinations (FSE):
- FSE Assistant – is responsible for the technical and administrative requirements of the FSE.
- Preparation of the FSE: she/he creates teams in MS Teams, adds members (board and students).
- During the FSE: she/he calls the student from the "Waiting Room" to the "Board" videoconference, she/he establishes contact with the student when entering the videoconference, she/he verifies the student's identity, informs him about recording, turns on/off recording, at the end she/he removes the student from the videoconference.
- After the FSE: she/he compiles protocols (reports) and records from the FSE.
- FSE Helper – she/he is present in the "Waiting Room" (see below). She/he consults with the student the functionality of the connection (video, audio), he can check student's running applications (task manager) and the student's environment.
- Board – is either present in the "Board" videoconference (scenario #1) or joins individual videoconferences on student name channels (scenario #2).
- Thesis Supervisor/Reviewer
News and Inspiration