ARTS Publishing Activities
This service is provided by the Faculty of Arts, MU
The publishing activities of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, include publishing our own series of monographs, entitled The Writings of the Faculty of Arts of Masaryk University, as well as professional journals in cooperation with Masaryk University Press.
Centre for Information Technologies provides the following:
The Writings of the Faculty of Arts of Masaryk University
- preparation and implementation of the publishing plan
- setting publications for print (DTP)
- publishing administration (basic editing, determining the retail price, providing mandatory copies for authors and the faculty)
- communication with Masaryk University Press regarding the selection of the printing house, ISBN allocation, DOI, licence contracts, Munishop
- distributing copies of the publication for review
- attending to the economic aspects (orders, invoices, accounting)
- editing the website for The Writings of the Faculty of Arts of Masaryk University / publishing activities
The editor processes the received text in DTP (desktop publishing) programs such as InDesign Illustrator, etc. The whole process includes ‘loading’ the text, inserting images or photographs following previous adjustment and further modifications according to the typographical outline. The following procedure includes printing a copy for proofreading, implementing the corrections in the document and submitting the document for print.
This service is provided by Centre for Information Technologies at the Faculty of Arts (CIT FoA, MU).