Instruction: MS Office Installation on Your Device
Office 2019 or Office 365 Pro Plus?
Office 2019 is the latest version of familiar office applications package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Publisher…) for installation on a Windows or Mac. Office 365 Pro Plus includes the same applications, but additionally
- It has better support for parallel collaboration over documents stored in Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- It keeps getting updates that make new Office 365 features available.
Which Version to Choose?
- If you work with Office 365 or if you work with colleagues over shared documents, we recommend Office 365 Pro Plus.
- For shared computers (lecture halls, laboratories, gatehouses) that do not expect active collaboration over documents, we recommend Office 2019.
What's the Difference between Office 365 Pro Plus and Office 365?
- Office 365 Pro Plus is a set of desktop applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…). It enables access to Office 365 files, mail, and other content.
- Office 365 is a cloud environment available through a web browser at http://o365.muni.cz/. It includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, and the ability to save documents in OneDrive, Sharepoint, or Office 365 Groups.
Installation of Add-ons
It is possible to install various add-ons to the MS Office family applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, ...) that extend their functionality.
Installation of these add-ons is allowed for all users using the MS Office family's tools within MU if the following conditions are met:
- You can install it directly from the appropriate application under "Get Add-ons."
- Some of these add-ons may require access to data within a document, e-mail, or other data within a computer or Office 365. Therefore, they may also have access to personal or other sensitive data in documents, e-mails, or other resources within Office 365. Anyone who installs any add-on is required first to verify who the author/provider is, what data the tool accesses, and how it handles it. It is forbidden to install and use add-ons threatening to transfer personal and other sensitive information to third parties with whom MU has not concluded a contract for the processing of personal data.