Instruction: MS Office Installation on Your Device
Office 2019 or Office 365 Pro Plus?
Office 2019 is the latest version of familiar office applications package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Publisher…) for installation on a Windows or Mac. Office 365 Pro Plus includes the same applications, but additionally
- It has better support for parallel collaboration over documents stored in Office 365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- It keeps getting updates that make new Office 365 features available.
Which Version to Choose?
- If you work with Office 365 or if you work with colleagues over shared documents, we recommend Office 365 Pro Plus.
- For shared computers (lecture halls, laboratories, gatehouses) that do not expect active collaboration over documents, we recommend Office 2019.
What's the Difference between Office 365 Pro Plus and Office 365?
- Office 365 Pro Plus is a set of desktop applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…). It enables access to Office 365 files, mail, and other content.
- Office 365 is a cloud environment available through a web browser at http://o365.muni.cz/. It includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, and the ability to save documents in OneDrive, Sharepoint, or Office 365 Groups.