Centre for Information Technologies, FoA
Log in to the new ELF installation and click on the button Import course (Přenos kurzu) in the top menu.
A list of courses that match the query you have entered will be displayed. Check the boxes for the ones you want to transfer to the new installation and click Import (Nahrát).
You can view the individual courses by clicking on their name.
Important: Only courses in which you are enrolled as a teacher and which have not yet been transferred to the new installation can be transferred. If there are multiple teachers in a given course, the course should be transferred only by one of them, based on mutual agreement.
The selected courses are queued for transfer. You can go back in a similar way and queue more courses.
On the page Issued transfers (Zadané převody), you can verify what stage your transfer is currently in.
Depending on the size of the course and the current system load, it may take several hours to transfer.
|Issued (Kurz přidán)||The course has been queued and is waiting to be transferred.|
|In Progress (Převod probíhá)||A copy of the course in the new installation is being created.|
|Error (Chyba převodu)||Course transfer has failed. The system will try transferring the course again at the nearest opportunity.|
|Finished (Převod dokončen)||A copy of the course has been created in the new installation and is ready for use.|
What exactly does Error mean?
The Error status indicates that the course transfer process has failed at some stage. This can have several different causes, and the system will try to eliminate the most common ones by trying to transfer the course again several hours later. Therefore, the error condition itself does not necessarily mean that the course will not be automatically transferred.
If you see the Transfer Error status for any of the courses, please wait until the next day and if the transfer still does not complete, contact user support at firstname.lastname@example.org. The CIT E-learning Office staff will help you solve the problem.
Open the course settings (Edit Settings (Upravit nastavení) option the Administration (Správa) section on the left side of the screen) and check:
- Course visibility: If the course is hidden, students cannot see it (How do I display my course?).
- Course name: Consider whether the course title should include a specific period in which it is taught (typically for courses taught each semester).
- Course category: The course should be categorized according to the respective department.
- Course start and end dates: Setting terms will help students, in particular, to navigate.
- Course Code from IS (Kód předmětu v IS) field: Filling up this field will help with further tracking of use of e-learning at your department.