Centre for Information Technologies
Faculty of Arts
The Aim of the Project
- The aim of the project is to strengthen and promote the approaches to research that employ digital resources and computing capacities to address the problems of traditional humanities using new methods and from a new point of view.
- The project aims to increase the visibility of digital and infrastructure products and systems, as well as scientific papers created with their use, at a global level. This will be aided by the establishment of a local hub of the infrastructure and providing access to metadata and references to the unique digital resources created by the scientists from the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University.
- The goal is to support scientists working on projects, which, by their nature, belong to the field of digital humanities (DH) or e-Science, lecturers and teachers in the DH disciplines or important infrastructures provided by the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University or project partners.
- Partial tasks include the development of a reliable and certified storage for digital scientific data and resources, support for digital research and digital teaching, providing services with added information value and assistance with digitizing projects.
- The strategic objectives include the development of policies in the areas of digitization, building of funds, management of collections and long-term preservation of electronic and information artefacts, creation of a sustainable business model and providing solutions to legal issues.
LINDAT/CLARIAH-CZ is a digital research infrastructure for language technologies, arts and humanities. It enables archiving, processing, management and accessibility of data, resources and tools from the fields of arts, humanities and social sciences.
The aim of the project is to strengthen and broaden the research, enhanced with digital resources and tools, and to support the teaching of digital humanities across traditional disciplines at the Faculty of Arts.
The research infrastructure of LINDAT/CLARIAH-CZ has been formed by the decision of the Ministry, combining two prior infrastructures. The previous LINDAT/CLARIN infrastructure, which represents the Centre for Language Research Infrastructure in the Czech Republic, has been joined by DARIAH, Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities.
The LINDAT/CLARIAH-CZ grant project is implemented under the OP VaVpl (Research and Development for Innovations Operational Programme) of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, funded from the resources of the European structural funds and investment funds. The Czech hub of the pan-European network is formed by a consortium of 11 institutions. The Masaryk University is represented in the project by two faculties: Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Informatics. At the Faculty of Arts, the implementation of the project is performed by the Centre for Information Technologies in cooperation with the Division of Information and Library Studies and the Central Library of the Faculty of Arts.
DARIAH-EU is a Europe-wide interdisciplinary network providing research infrastructure for arts and humanities. Since 2014, it has been built under the auspices of the ESFRI programme, established by the European Commission with the aim to ensure continuous and open access to the European cultural heritage. Today, the network connects hundreds of scientists from research facilities across Europe, currently operating in 22 European countries.
- Charles University in Prague
- University of West Bohemia in Pilsen
- National Library of the Czech Republic
- Moravian Library
- National Gallery in Prague
- National Film Archive
- Library of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Jan Patočka Archive)
- Institute of History of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- Czech Language Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences